Micah is a global network of Christian ministries and individuals who are united by their shared passion for integral mission. Micah was established in 1999 to answer the question asked in Micah 6:8.
Micah seeks to answer three questions:
- How can we respond to the travesty of poverty, injustice and conflict in such a way that God’s shalom is evident in word, deed and signs?
- How can we discern together to speak and act with prophetic authority to disciple our nations and hold leaders to account for ensuring the flourishing of humanity and all of creation?
- How can we walk together from all the regions of our world in humility, serving one another as we seek to enable the local church to be the agent of change in all communities?
How does Micah work?
Micah is a network and platform where Christian ministries coming together to learn, share, discern, act and articulate together towards transforming mission for God’s Kingdom witness.
Evidence of this is seen through the liberation of the oppressed, healing and restoration of communities, nations and the environment, reconciliation and peace in our families, our churches, our communities, our workplaces and our nations.
… to see a global Christian community mobilised for transforming mission through the Gospel.
… to see communities living life in all its fullness, free from poverty, injustice and conflict.
Vision and Mission
Vision: Communities living life in all its fullness, free from poverty, injustice and conflict.
Mission: Rooted in the Gospel, Micah Global is a network where its members to respond to issues of poverty and justice by:
- Sharing experience and learning in the theory and practice of Integral Mission
- Contributing to movements that catalyse and advocate for change
The four core values of Micah are: Christ Centred, Equity, Humility, and Unity
Statement of Beliefs
Micah is an interdenominational network of Christian ministries and individuals committed to making a Biblical response to the needs of the poor and oppressed throughout the world. We are united through our passion for integral mission. We accept and proclaim the historic truths of the Christian faith as expressed in our statement of beliefs.
History of Micah
Integral mission is not just evangelism and good works, its is the pursuit of justice, the persistence towards peace and reconciliation, the care of creation, the liberation, healing and restoration of all things in heaven and earth in Christ (Colossians 1:20). It is obedience to Jesus and following his way of love. Learn more about Integral Mission and more by searching our Resources section here, and see our Micah Declaration on Integral Mission.
Micah is a registered charity and a not for profit company in the United Kingdom.
Micah takes our name from the book in the Bible called Micah. The challenging questions from Micah chapter 6 verse 8 continues to frame our vision and approach: “What does the Lord require of us? To act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with our God.”